Shopping for the best backpack vacuum for your home is not the easiest thing in the world. There’s a lot of technical jargon, and quite frankly, most normal people don’t understand what all of it even means.
In any case, it’s not too hard too guess what a backpack vacuum cleaner is. It’s a vacuum that you carry on your back.
You might wonder, well what’s the use of such an invention?
The answer is comfort, mobility and efficiency.
A backpack vacuum is lightweight by design, and this is what makes it possible for you to carry it on your back with minimum strain. And because you can conveniently carry them on your back, it means you can quickly maneuver from room to room with ease.
Sounds great, right? Well, that’s because it is!
Most Commonly Asked Question
One of the most commonly asked question about backpack vacuums is:
“Can this powerful vacuum be used in a regular home?”
And, the answer to that is yes!
Backpack vacuum cleaners, while intended for commercial use, can also be used in the home. They are great for cleaning hardwood floors, carpets, rugs, stairs, attics, basements, kitchens and pretty much anywhere in the home. Schools, hospitals and many restaurants also use them because they do an excellent job, and in less time than any other kind of vacuum cleaner.
They are designed to provide excellent cleaning without all the hassles of regular vacuum cleaners. This is the main reason why these powerful vacuums are quickly becoming popular not only in commercial spaces, but also in regular households.
What to Look For Before Buying
So, now that you know how great they are, here are some things that you need to know before buying one.
- Power: The entire purpose of a backpack vacuum cleaner is to clean properly in the fastest time possible. You want to compare different models and take note of the ones that have the most powerful motors, which usually means a stronger suction strength. It really doesn’t matter what kind of surface you are cleaning because if it has a strong enough motor, you can literally clean any surface in about half the time it would normally take you with an upright or canister vacuum. This is incredibly important, especially if your time is limited.
- Weight: One of the concerns that people have is the weight of the canister that you have to carry on your back. This is a personal choice, but ideally, it should weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Brand: Not all vacuums are created equally. Some brands are better than others, and if you are not sure about which one to choose, then go with a brand with a good reputation like Rubbermaid, Hoover, ProTeam, and Oreck.. You should also consider the warranty that’s offered by each manufacturer.
- Comfort and Ease: Consider the length of the cord, and the shoulder straps. This is important because carrying a backpack vacuum that’s uncomfortable pretty much goes against one of the main reasons for buying it in the first place. You’ll also want to pay attention to the additional cleaning kits that might come along with the vacuum. These usually include brushes and other cleaning tools for different kinds of surfaces and areas.
- Customer Reviews: Before buying anything, you should always look at customer feedback reviews online from sites like Amazon.com. People are very forthcoming about giving honest reviews about products they buy. If they are happy with their product, their review will generally be a positive one. The opposite will be the case if the product is no good.
Best Backpack Vacuum to Buy: The Hoover C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro
The Hoover Shoulder Vac Pro C2401 gets amazing reviews and for good reason, it is very effective.
If you want to maximize your work while saving precious time, then give good thought to this backpack vacuum.
It wears nicely on the back and it was also designed with a chiropractic in mind. The straps that secure the vacuum around your shoulders are padded and of excellent quality. It also comes with a sternum clip that further secures the shoulder straps, giving you even more support.
Hoover is known for making quality vacuums, and this backpack vacuum is one of their best. People who have purchased this unit rave about its ability to clean dust in hard to reach places. You’ll never have to deal with pulling or tugging a vacuum ever again.
Looking at the specifications, it is easy to see why the Hoover C2401 is a winner. It is designed to clean well with it’s powerful 1000 watts motor. It’s also designed with comfort in mind, which is very important because if you’re going to be carrying 9.2 pounds on your back while you clean, you want it to be as comfortable as possible. Comfort aside, the suction provided by the Hoover C2401 is really impressive, which also makes it the perfect hardwood floor vacuum cleaner.
The reusable cloth shake-out bag is also very nice because it is very durable and is easy to wash. The 2 year warranty is better than the 1 year warranty that many other manufacturers give, and it is a great way to protect your investment. Price wise, it’s also a great bang for your buck! Click Here for more information.
- 1000 Watts 8.5 Amp Noise Insulated Motor
- Reusable Shake Out Cloth Bag
- Hypercome Filter
- HEPA Filtration 99.95%
- 1.5 Inch Diameter Hose
- Hypercone Airflow System
- 12 Inch Cleaning Path
- Foam External Motor Filter
- 9.2 LBS. Weight For Canister
- 50 Foot Detachable Power Cord
- Padded Ergonomic Shoulder Strap and Belt
- 14 Inch Scalloped Carpet Tool
- 14 Inch Bare Floor Brush
- 2 Year Warranty
Other Top Rated Backpack Vacuums to Consider: